6.30.2008

Night of Champions Review

*Results
1. WWE Tag Team Champions John Morrison and the Miz def. Finlay and Hornswoggle to retain the titles.
2. US Champion Matt Hardy def. Chavo Guerrero to retain the title.
3. Mark Henry def. ECW Champion Kane and the Big Show to win the title.
4. Ted DiBiase Jr. and World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes (the mystery partner) def. Hardcore Holly (and Cody Rhodes) when Rhodes turned on Holly to win the titles with DiBiase.
5. Kofi Kingston def. I-C Champion Chris Jericho to win the Intercontinental Title.
6. Women's Champion Mickie James def. Katie Lea to retain her title.
7. World Champion Edge def. Batista to keep the title.
8. WWE Champion Triple H def. John Cena to retain the title.
* Thoughts
The only real shock on the card came when Cena failed to regain the WWE Title. With the HHH victory, an unbalance remains on the brands with Smackdown hosting two World Champions. It was a solid show with its share of good match-ups. The only thing that frustrates and confuses me is the WWE Title match and the emerging of Kofi Kingston as the temporary champion of the Raw brand.
* My Predictions:
My record for the predictions I posted was 5-2 (the IC Title match was not added until during the show). The first match I failed to foresee correctly was the opener which was a toss-up. And, of course, I made a mistake on the main-event, and I believe very few people saw that coming.

No comments: